Daily Tidbits

"I am so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." - Anne Shirley

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Chocolate Vanilla Wafer Dessert

Printable Recipe

1 box vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
1/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cups butter
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
2 cups powdered sugar
3 eggs, separated (whites together, yolks together)
1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream

Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter. Set aside 1 cup. Press remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.

In a double boiler, melt 3/4 cups butter and chocolate together. Stir. Add powdered sugar. Beat the egg yolks and add them to the chocolate mixture. Stir. Remove from heat. Beat the egg whites and fold into the chocolate mixture.

Pour chocolate mixture over cookie crumbs. Slice the ice cream and place slices over the chocolate mixture. Sprinkle reserved cookie crumbs on top and freeze.

Holly's Note:
This is our traditional Christmas Eve dessert. My mom makes it every year and it is my favorite dessert.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you try one of these recipes, let me know. I;d love to know your reaction/recommendations.

If your email is not listed in your blogger profile, I will try and respond here in the comment section. But, please have your email address enabled in your profile. It makes it a lot easier for people to respond to comments and questions!

If you are here simply to spam or leave a link to some obscure place where you sell things, don't bother. Your comment will be deleted.

While I appreciate awards, I no longer accept them, but thank you for thinking of me. Your comments are reward enough!