Daily Tidbits

Lunch dates with The Doctor are the best.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Monkey Bread

Printable Recipe


1 cup warm water
2 T. oil
1 t. lemon juice
1 ½ t. salt
2 T. sugar
2 T. powdered milk
3 cups flour
2 t. yeast

In bread machine, place everything in the order recommended by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check after 5 minutes, add water or flour if necessary). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto floured surface. Pull it apart and form into 1” size balls.

Dip each ball into:
1/4 cup butter, melted

and then roll in the following mixture:
½ c. sugar
½ c. brown sugar
1 t. cinnamon

Place in a greased casserole dish or bundt pan. Dump any remaining butter or sugar mixture over the top. Let it rise for 15 minutes or so. Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes. Dump it onto a plate and enjoy.

Holly's Note:
This is the same recipe for
Good White Bread. I know that most Monkey Bread recipes call for refrigerator biscuits and they're good too. We prefer using homemade bread. I don't often have refrigerator biscuits on hand anyway!

You can also do these the night before. Just pop the pan in the fridge overnight for a slow, second rise. In the morning, pull it out, let it sit at room temp for about 1/2 an hour and bake.




1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious. I haven't made it in a while. It's one of those cold weather things and cold weather is coming so I'll be making it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you try one of these recipes, let me know. I'd love to know your reaction/recommendations. Please have your email address enabled in your profile. It makes it a lot easier for me to respond to comments!

If you are here simply to spam or leave a link to some obscure place where you sell things, don't bother. Your comment will be deleted.

While I appreciate awards, I no longer accept them, but thank you for thinking of me. Your comments are reward enough!