Family Favorite Friday: Chocolate Chip Cookies

This continues to be our tried and true favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.  I've tried others that are good, but this one is hands-down, our absolute favorite.

Printable Recipe


2/3 c. shortening
2/3 c. butter
2 eggs
3 c. flour
1 pkg. (2 cups) chocolate chips
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 t. vanilla
1 t. baking soda
½ t. salt

Cream shortening and butter with sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

Holly’s Note:
This is a Betty Crocker recipe that we’ve had forever. My mom had a red recipe box full of Betty Crocker recipe cards, and this recipe came from that box. I know other people like Toll House Cookies or Mrs. Fields, but I’ve never found one that I like better than these. They’re really good with butterscotch chips, too. Sometimes I like to do a blend of chocolate, vanilla and butterscotch chips.

The dough freezes really well.

Comments