Daily Tidbits

Be Kind. Do Good. Love is a Verb.

Friday, November 28, 2014

Пятница Ponderings: Gratitude

Ponder: to consider something deeply and thoroughly; meditate 
Пятница (PYAHT-nee-tsuh): Friday in Russian
-------------------

As we finish our Thanksgiving week I, like many people, have been thinking about Gratitude. In fact, in my personal Instagram, I have done a Gratitude photo each day. It's been wonderful to reflect each day on something I am grateful for.

It is very easy sometimes to focus on the problems in life or the things we don't have. The every day tasks and responsibilities can get overwhelming. Going over the finances and paying bills is depressing. Frustrations and irritations are a part of life.

But, there is always something to be grateful for.

I'm not going to tell you to be a Pollyanna, because heaven knows I'm not. While I'd like to be a glass half-full person, it requires effort for me to do so. Some days, it's all I can do to get out of bed and get dressed, let alone be cheerful and happy about it. 

This month, as I have tried to find something each day to be grateful for, there have been the obvious things. Other days I've had to struggle to find something. But each day, I've found something I could take a picture of and post to Instagram with a reason to be grateful.

It's been a great lesson to me that even in the darkest times, there are lights and there is hope. And that light and hope come from expressing our gratitude and acknowledging our blessings.



Some of the things I am grateful for this month...a fireplace, a family who will play Scrabble with me, a washer and dryer, technology, two wonderful boys and an amazing husband...and the list goes on.

What are some of the things you're grateful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment