Wednesday, December 30, 2015
I don't drink coffee, but I love the smell. The Doctor's office was open for a half day on Christmas Eve (not his choice). He wasn't working, but we were out and about finishing up some Christmas shopping and we stopped and got coffee for the front office staff and therapists. It was cold and snowing outside. They appreciated it. It was fun to do and my car smelled amazing for two days!
Friday, December 25, 2015
Monday, December 7, 2015
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup White Karo syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups raw peanuts
- 1 1/4 t baking soda
- 1 T butter
- 1 t vanilla
- Boil sugar, syrup and water until it spins a long thread.
- Add peanuts and cook until it turns a light brown color. Stir CONSTANTLY.
- Add baking soda, butter and vanilla. Stir til blended.
- Remove from heat and pour onto a greased baking pan.
- Let harden. Break. Eat. Enjoy.
This is part of my mother's Christmas Goodie plate each year. She always makes an extra batch just for my brother-in-law! So yummy. I find my raw peanuts at Winco, but any store that sells bulk items should have them or a health food store.