Chocolate Chip Cookies

Printable Recipe



Ingredients
  • 2/3 cup shortening
  • 2/3 cup butter, softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 package chocolate chips
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 2 t. vanilla
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 1/2 t. salt
Cooking Directions
  1. Cream shortening and butter with sugar, eggs and vanilla.
  2. Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips. Mix well.
  3. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
Holly’s Note:
This is a Betty Crocker recipe that we’ve had forever. My mom had a red recipe box full of Betty Crocker recipe cards, and this recipe came from that box. I know other people like Toll House Cookies or Mrs. Fields, but I’ve never found one that I like better than these. They’re really good with butterscotch chips, too.

The dough freezes really well.

Comments

  1. Mmmmm.....yum! They look delicious. In my experience any cookie with shortening always turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment