Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars

Printable Recipe
Makes about 18-24 bars depending on how you cut them.


2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups oatmeal
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup butter
2 pkgs. cream cheese (8 oz. each)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
1/2 t. cinnamon

Mix together flour, oatmeal and brown sugar. Cut butter into mixture until it is coarse and crumbly. Reserve about 1 1/4 cups of of crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. Let cool for 10 or so minutes.

Beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla together until smooth. Spread over the cream cheese mixture. Mix the pie filling and cinnamon together and spread over the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top.

Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. Cool about 30-35 minutes and then refrigerate for 2-3 hours.

Cut into bars. If there are any left over, store them in the refrigerator.

Holly's Note:
I saw a recipe for these bars in a magazine, but it called for an oatmeal cookie mix. I don't buy cookie mixes, so I came up with my own crust base and modified the filling a bit. These were a huge hit. My husband says they need to be served with a big glass of milk. I thought they were evil and very moreish. This is a definite winner!

Shop Taste of Home
This post has been shared on Share Your Cup Thursday, Great Ideas Thursdays, The Yuck Stops Here, Treasure Hunt Thursdays, Grace at Home, Full Plate Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Thursday Favorite Things, Doggone Dirty Craftin' Party, Pin It Party, Pin It Thursday, Thriving Thursdays, Think Tank Thursday, Showcase Your Talent Thursday, Create It Thursday, All Things Thursday, Coffee and Conversation, Tip Me Tuesday, Bloom Designs, Home and Garden Thursday, Friday Favorites, Foodie Friday, Family Fun Friday, Freedom Fridays, Frugal Friday, Old-Fashioned Friday, Simple Meals Friday, Fabulous Finds, Flaunt  It Friday, Eat. Create. Party!, Pin Junkie Pin Party, Five Friday Finds, Weekend Potluck, Party Bunch, City of Links, Pretty Pintastic Party, Pinworthy Projects Party, Lets Get Real Link Party, Friday Finds, Friday's Unfolded, Feathered Nest Friday, Front Porch Friday, Handmade Hangout, Creativity Unleashed, Anything Goes, Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday, That Friday Blog Hop, No Rules Weekend Blog Party, Favorite Things Friday, Weekend Bites, Weekend Social, Weekend Retreat, Party in Your PJs, Best Recipes & DIY Projects, What to Do Weekends, Link Party Palooza, Party Time, Farmgirl Friday, Showstopper Saturday, Show & Tell Saturday, Skip the Housework, Saturday Showlicious, Best of the Weekend, Sundays Recipe Wrap-Up, Sweet and Savory Sunday, Wildly Original, Artsy Corner, Krafty Inspiration Thursday, Fridays Five Features, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Creative Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Mix It Up Monday, Busy Monday,  Mostly Homemade Mondays, See Ya in the Gumbo, Clever Chicks, The Art of Homemaking Mondays, Inspire Me Monday, Making Monday, Handmade Monday, Modest Monday, Monday Musings, Made By You Monday, Motivation Monday, Craftastic Monday, Inspiration Monday, What'd You Do This Weekend, Merry Monday, Manic Monday, Inspire Me Monday, Happiness is Homemade, Inspire Me Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Handmade Tuesdays, The Gathering Spot, In and Out of the Kitchen, Project Inspired, Lou Lou Girls, Twirl and Take A Bow, Monday Funday, Tickle My Tastebuds, Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesday's Table, Two Cup Tuesday, The Scoop, Totally Talented Tuesdays, Treasure Box Tuesday, Titus 2sdays, You're Gonna Love it Tuesday, Simple Supper Tuesday, Titus 2 Tuesday, Tuesday's with a Twist, Tip Me Tuesday, Tutorials and Tips, Take a Look Tuesday, Do Tell Tuesday, One Project at a Time, Time to Sparkle, Inspire Us Tuesdays, What's Cooking Wednesday, Too Cute Tuesday, Whimsy Wednesdays,  Wake Up Wednesday, Wow Us Wednesday, Wonderfully Creative Wednesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Wednesday Whatsits, Create and Share, Party in Your PJs, Your Whims Wednesday, Centerpiece Wednesday, Project Parade, Tasty Tuesdays, Wicked Awesome Wednesday, Works for Me Wednesday, Wednesday Round Up. Homemaking Party, Real Food Wednesday, Winsome Wednesday, Whole Hearted Wednesday, Work It Wednesday, Show & Tell, Wow Me Wednesday, Well Crafted Wednesday, Inspire Me Wednesday, Worthwhile Wednesday, Inspire Me Wednesday, Wise Woman, Homemaking Link Up, Whatever Goes Wednesday, 

Comments

  1. Wow! These look so tempting...as in I'm walking to the kichen to make them now tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I am absolutely going to make! Looks yummy!

    Thinking about that waffle recipe of yours again this morning too. Your recipe is the one I make every time I make waffles - we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good grief! These look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth seriously squirted when I looked at that picture!! TMI??

    Okay... "Those look yummy." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These bars look so delicious! All your recipes look so tasty. Next time I come visit I will make sure I eat first. :) I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know that if a giant glass of ice cold milk is part of the equation, then you must have a delicious dessert on your hands. These bars look wonderful!

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. That topping looks great! Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow -these look fantastic! Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh mama mia!!! these look awesome!! will have to try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheesecake and streusel! I am sold! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are killing me! stop posting such deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so very much for your recipe for the oatmeal crust. Out of many searches, I found all used the Betty Crocker cookie mix; which I, as you, wanted to make my own crust. Your recipe is looks wonderful, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finally! I've been searching high and low all day for this recipe. It was posted on Tasty Kitchen at one time, but seems to have disappeared. So glad I found it. I made these for work a while back and wanted to make them again, but couldn't find my copy. These are delish and I will not lose this recipe again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Anonymous. I used to have a Tasty Kitchen account, but deleted it. I just don't have time for it or keeping up with it. I do know that I'd submitted the recipe there, but it probably disappeared when my account did.

    Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man.. These look like heaven! Thanks for sharing the recipe. : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love apple stuff and I miss it :( Because of my kiddo's food allergies, we don't allow any kind of apple products in the house and it sucks because I love apple. Thanks for sharing on #Yuckstopshere link up. Please come share with us next week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anything with cream cheese is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for linking up at Rhinestone Beagle! Come by and check out our "wanted" post, from sept 10th, for crafters like you to participate in out annual Howl-oween Craftathon. We'd love to have you join in.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks so good!!
    I would love if you would stop by my Friday Favorites Linkup and share!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh My, apple streusel, cheesecake,wowza they look good. Pinning for later, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks amazing...I think it would be perfect for a church potluck or a family reunion. Pinning now

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yum, yum, yum! This has so many ingredients that I love. can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yum! This looks absolutely delicious! I am definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Perfect fall dessert! I love apples! Thanks for coming and linking up at The Weekend Social. All posts get pinned on our pinterest board! Please be sure to come back next week starting Thursdays at 9PM EST on culinaryflavors.gr! I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Can't wait to give these a try!!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your bars will be a great fall treat! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with us at Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a fantastic day and come back real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh yummmmy, not polite to drool but this recipe and photo of dessert really made me hungry and want to make these. So many recipes I find have so many ingredients of things we can't afford but this one is doable. Happy week

    ReplyDelete
  28. This looks delicious. You've made my mouth water. Thanks! :) Thanks for sharing it with us at the Let's Get Real link party.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks Yummy and can easily be modified to wheat free for our family! Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.
    http://stampinfool.com/merrymonday/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, wow, this looks amazing! Pinning for later!

    Found you on Wake Up Wednesday. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow these look so delicious!! I pinned it

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG these look so scrumptious! A great fall recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cheesecake and streusel, I have no idea why I never thought of combining these! Thanks so much for sharing on Weekend Bites. This is featured at tonights party!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ooh delicious! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  35. These look amazing!!! Thanks again for linking your delicious recipes up :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. You and your evil desserts! I've never had apple with cheesecake before, but I've seen this combination a lot lately. I'm kinda partial to cheesecake bars rather than actual cheesecake...more crust!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This looks delicious! I am pinning it :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. What could be better than apples and cheesecake?! Thank you again for sharing at Creative K Kids Tasty Tuesdays. I'm going to pin this to the Tasty Tuesdays Board.

    ReplyDelete
  39. These look easy and sooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  40. These look great, I love apple desserts. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment