Hot Fudge Sauce

Printable Recipe


3 c. sugar
1 cube butter (1/2 cup/4 oz)
3 squares (3 oz) unsweetened chocolate
1 can evaporated milk (~15 oz)

Melt all in sauce pan over low heat. Do not stir. Do not boil. After it gathers, mix with mixer. Eat it with a spoon until someone catches you and reminds you to save some for everyone else.

Holly's Note:
This is an old family favorite.  I can't remember not ever having it.  It keeps well in the fridge and never quite hardens, so you can dip a spoon in it cold when you need a chocolate fix... It rewarms quickly in a microwave too.

HearthSong
This post has been shared on Family Fun Friday, Country Fair Blog Party, Foodie FridayWeekend Retreat Link Party, Foodie Friday, Freedom Fridays, Frugal Friday, Fabulous Finds Linky Party, Flaunt It Friday, Foodie Friends Friday, Eat Create Party, Pin Junkie Pin Party, Five Friday Finds, Weekend Potluck, Party Bunch, City of Links, Friday Favorites, Pretty Pintastic Party, Old-Fashioned Friday, Weekend Social Party, In and Out of the Kitchen, Real Food Wednesday, Motivate Me Monday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Mix It Monday, Busy Monday, Sweet Sharing Monday, Monday Funday, Mostly Homemade Mondays, See Ya in the Gumbo, Clever Chicks Blog Hop, Lou Lou's Fabulous Party, In and Out of the Kitchen, Merry Monday, Treasure Box Tuesday, Tweak It Tuesday, Tickle My Tastebuds, Tuesday's Table, Two Cup Tuesday, The Scoop, Share Your Stuff Tuesday, Totally Talented Tuesdays, Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays, Wonderful Wednesday, Wake Up Wednesday, Wicked Awesome Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Wednesday Roundup, Fabulously Frugal Thursday, Share Your Cup Thursday, The Yuck Stops Here, Thriving Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Thursday Favorite Things, Pin It Party, Pin It Thursday, Think Tank Thursday, Showcase Your Talent Thursday, Home and Garden Thursday, Simple Supper TuesdayChocolate Party


Comments

  1. I love when Mom Gibbs makes this! Did it come from your mom, or did your mom get it from her? Doesn't matter! We have it and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cooking a pot of Hot Fudge Sauce right now! I have an urge to stir it, what would happen if I do?
    Course now I gotta make brownies so I can smother them with Hot Fudge! Good thing I didn't promise to lose weight in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is a cube of butter? A stick or one tablespoon?? THanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get past the picture. I may have to get it copied and framed so I can put it on my nightstand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to have found this recipe, I will try to resist the temptation to just eat it all with a spoon myself. I am imagining using like a fondue for fruit, do you think that will work? I thought it would make a change from just melted chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much better to make than to buy. Thanks for this super easy fudge sauce. and Thanks for sharing it at #theWeekendSocial. Love to see you again Thursday 9:00 PM EST. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize that is as easy as it apparently is. Yum I love chocolate sauce. Thanks for sharing on the #yuckstopshere link up. Come share with us next week. Also, feel free to join the Foodie Bloggers and Writers FB group

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this hot sauce recipe post at City of Creative Dream's City of Links last Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are speaking my language. I love chocolate. No foolin'! I eat a little bit almost every evening. Oh, and I would absolutely eat this with a spoon.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a chocolate lover, but just a bit of hot fudge every now and then, yummy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I'm just popping back to say I tried this (or a variation of it) at the weekend. We dipped fruit it it and it was awesome! I'm in the UK so I wasn't sure how big the evap milk can should be. I improvised a little and added more chocolate so I had a chocolate fudge. I will share my version at some point in the next month or two and will be sure to link back here as my amazing inspiration. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julia, I'm so glad you liked it! I adjusted the recipe so it shows sizes. The can of milk is ~15 oz.

    This is an old family favorite. So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love homemade hot fudge! Yummy. Pinned. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stopping by to let you know that I have featured this awesome recipe as one of my favorites on The Yuck Stops Here recipe link party this week. Please stop by and get your "I've been featured" button whenever you get a chance. CONGRATULATIONS & HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment