- 4-5 leaves fresh basil
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not the kind in oil)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- Warm the olive oil.
- Sauté the garlic, but don’t let it brown.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté about one more minute.
- Add the wine, broth and cream.
- Bring it to a simmer.
- Cook until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (about 12-15 minutes), stirring often.
- Add onions, basil, and chicken.
- Stir together and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over the pasta, toss to coat, add grated parmesan cheese if desired and serve.
This is even better second day. It is fabulous when paired with green salad and Herbed Bread Rolls.
This post was shared at Simple Supper Tuesday, Flashback Friday, See Ya in the Gumbo, Munching Monday,