- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 T basil
- 1 (14 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 small cans tomato paste
- Brown beef and sausage together.
- Add garlic and basil.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Mix together and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This is the same sauce that is the base for my Best Ever Lasagna. I like to make the sauce alone, triple the recipe and then freeze it in 2-3 cup batches. It's easy to thaw for spaghetti or Penne Pasta Casserole.