~1 large pizza or 6 small
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 T yeast
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 2 T sugar
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- 1 t salt
- 2 1/3-3 cups flour
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- your choice of toppings
- Stir sugar into water, add yeast and proof for 10 minutes.
- Stir in salt, seasoning and oil.
- Add about 2 cups flour and mix, forming a small ball.
- Add flour as needed and knead until smooth and elastic--about 10 minutes. (I put it in my mixer with a dough hook.)
- Place dough in a greased bowl and let rise until doubled--about 45 minutes.
- Roll it out and top with sauce, cheeses and toppings.
- It will make 1 normal size pizza or about 6 smaller ones.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
My boys like making their own individual pizzas. You can also do calzones instead of pizzas. Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
This post was shared at Carole's Chatter, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, See Ya in the Gumbo, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday's Table, Tasty Tuesdays, Simple Supper Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday. What's Cooking Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, The Yuck Stops Here, Weekend Bites, Foodie Friday, Five Friday Finds, Weekend Potluck,