Warm Chicken Salad Sandwiches


2 lbs chicken or turkey breasts--cooked and shredded (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (canned work just fine too)
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
2 1/2 T. butter
1 1/2 T. flour
1 t. basil
salt/pepper
2/3 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup whipping cream
Ciabatta sandwich rolls

Saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender.  Stir in flour, basil, salt and pepper until blended.  Gradually stir in broth.  Bring to a boil, stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.  Add the chicken and heat through.  Stir in cream and heat through.  Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll.

Serves 4-6 

Holly's Note:
The week we moved was busy and stressful. My girlfriend brought us dinner one night which included this yummy chicken salad.  It was fantastic.  Very light, but very filling.  When I finally got the recipe from her, I couldn't wait to make it.  It would work with any kind of bread roll, but Ciabatta rolls are fantastic.  I had shredded turkey in the freezer and simply thawed it out to add to this recipe.  This is a definite keeper in our house!

**My husband has this on a salad.




Comments

  1. This recipe looks yummy!

    Found your blog via Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen - we're "friends" on there (I'm Speckjoy). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is HeloniLynn but you can call me Loni, like Loni Anderson. I just wanted to let you know that I think you have a blog worth mentioning! This recipe has been featured in a post on my blog: http://helonilynn.blogspot.com

    I hope you will look over the short review I have written about your blog and let me know what you think. I look forward to your feedback, and to reading more of your work in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment