Pork Tenderloin in the Crockpot


1 pork tenderloin
3-5 potatoes, depending on size
2-3 carrots or a couple of handful of baby carrots
1 onion
3-5 garlic cloves

Season the tenderloin with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning. Brown the tenderloin on all sides.  I used some bacon fat which is what the original recipe called for, but you could certainly use oil.

Transfer the browned pork to your crock pot and deglaze pan with a cup of water or stock.  Using stock would add more flavor. Pour liquid over pork.

Peel and chop the potatoes and carrots.  Chop the onions.  Peel the garlic. Spread the veggies over the pork and add enough liquid to almost cover the vegetables.

Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.

When finished, transfer meat and veggies to a platter.  Pour the liquid into a pan and bring to boil to make gravy.  I make gravy by blending a tablesoon or so of cornstarch into a 1/2 cup cold water and adding it to the boiling mixture.  Let simmer for several minutes and serve.

Holly's Note:
I had a pork tenderloin in my freezer that needed to be eaten.  So, I found the original recipe at How to Cook Like Your Grandmother and like everything I do, I modified it.  I used our favorite all-purpose seasoning in addition to salt and pepper and we still thought this was a little bland.  I'm thinking of adding some chopped apple to it as well, because apples and pork go so well together.




Comments