- 1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 t. yeast
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 T. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Place all ingredients together in a kitchenaid and using a bread hook, let it all mix for about 10 minutes.
- Cover and let it rise. (You can also use your bread maker on the dough cycle.)
- After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle.
- Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. (After I cut the rolls, I dip the tops in melted butter and more cinnamon/sugar before placing them in the pan. I then sprinkle the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture over the top of the pan.)
- Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake rolls in preheated 400 degree oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, mix together the frosting of your choice:
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (3oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1/8 t. salt
- 6 T. butter, softened
- 3 cups powered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 t. vanilla
Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.
I love Pinterest. Seriously. I have found so many awesome ideas and recipes there and many I have actually used or tried, including this cinnamon roll recipe, which originally came from Allrecipes. The original recipe calls for a breadmaker, but I just mixed it in my Kitchenaid. This dough is super easy to use and it makes 12 large rolls.
I made these Christmas Eve and just let them slow rise in my fridge. I pulled them out Christmas morning and let them rise in a warm oven for about 40 minutes before baking and they were just perfect.
My kids aren't cream cheese fans, so I use my handy dandy Homemade Frosting recipe instead. I had made a batch of it the day before to use on cookies and had some leftover that I used on the rolls. I just softened it in the microwave so it was very soft, but not melted.
I was afraid that 2 tablespoons of cinnamon would be too much, but it wasn't. In fact, after I cut the rolls, I dip the tops in melted butter and more cinnamon/sugar before placing them in the pan. I then sprinkle the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture over the top of the pan.
A big key here also, is to invert the pan of rolls onto a serving plate to let all the cinnamony goodness recoat the rolls, instead of staying in the pan.
This post has been shared at Craftastic Monday, Motivation Monday, Busy Monday, Merry Monday, Inspiration Monday, Creative Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Mix It Up Monday, Mostly Homemade Monday, See Ya in the Gumbo, Clever Chicks, The Art of Homemaking Monday, Inspire Me Monday, Monday Handmade, Modest Monday, Mama Moments, Monday's Musings, Plucky's Second Thought, Made By You Monday, What'd You Do This Weekend?, Inspire Me Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, You're Gonna Love It, Titus 2 Tuesday, Tuesdays with a Twist, Tip Me Tuesday, Tutorials and Tips, Take a Look Tuesday, Do Tell Tuesday, One Project at a Time, Handmade Tuesday, Too Cute Tuesday, Inspire Us Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, The Inspiration Board, Share It Link Party, The Scoop, Tuesday's Table, Totally Talented Tuesdays, Two Cup Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Tickle My Tastebuds, Party in Your PJs, Celebrate Southern, 31 Days of Baking, Wonderful Wednesday, Fluster's Creative Muster, Wow Us Wednesday, Wake Up Wednesday, Whimsy Wednesday, What's Cooking Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Wednesday Roundup, Homemaking Linkup, Wholehearted Wednesday, Work It Wednesday, No Rules Weekend Blog Party, Weekend Social, What to Do Weekends, Foodie Friday, Family Fun Friday, Frugal Friday, Old-Fashioned Friday, Frugal Friday, Eat. Create, Party, Five Friday Finds, Weekend Potluck, City of Links, Friday Favorites, Pretty Pintastic Party, Friday's Unfolded, Weekend Bloggy Reading, Front Porch Friday, That Friday Blog Hop, Anything Goes, Friday Finds, Friday's Five, Pin Me Linky, Simple & Sweet Fridays, Weekend Bites,