Italian Cream Sodas


4 oz. Any flavored syrup (my favorites are Raspberry or Blackberry)
4 oz. Half/half
10 oz. Club soda
Ice
Whipped cream (optional)

Pour syrup and half/half over the ice. Slowly add the club soda.  Stir and enjoy.  Top with whipped cream if desired.

Holly's Note:
Last summer, a girlfriend introduced me to Italian Cream Sodas.  My husband and I were painting our living room on a hot August afternoon, when my girlfriend dropped off two Moxie Java Raspberry Italian Cream Sodas for us.  Boy did they hit the spot. Unfortunately, there is a Moxie Java around the corner from our home and it was too tempting for me to stop by every day to get a soda.  At $3+ each, that adds up.

I went online and found out how to make my own which is significantly easier on my pocketbook.  I get my Torani syrup at Cash & Carry, but Walmart, Albertson's and Cost Plus all have them too.

It's also very easy to adjust to personal tastes.  I like a bit more syrup and my husband likes a bit more half/half and we don't add whipped cream.  The proportions here are a good place to start though and you can adjust your amounts to personal preference.

Comments

  1. I haven't made Italian sodas in ages. My children loved them, too. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment