Daily Tidbits

Welcome Fall...time for some new soup recipes...

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pork Chops with Sauteed Apples

Printable Recipe

1 T olive oil
1/2 cup sliced onion
2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced (I prefer Granny Smith)
1 t. dried thyme
4 boneless pork chops (about 5 oz each)

Heat the oil in a skillet, add the onions and saute them for several minutes to soften.  Add the apples and thyme and cook until golden and soft, probably about 5-8 more minutes.  Remove the onion/apple mixture from pan and set aside.

Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill. Top with the sauteed onions and apples mixture and serve. It's great with Rice Pilaf as a side.

Serves 4

The leftovers are delicious on top of a salad.

Holly's Note:
Forgive the photo.  It tastes much better than it looks! 

I was not familiar with Robin Miller before I reviewed her book.  But, as we are trying to eat healthier at our house, it sounded like a terrific book, and so far it is.

This was a delicious meal.  It earned serious raves from my husband and a place in our dinner rotation.  I have modified the recipe to suit my tastes better, and I cooked things longer than the recipe recommended, but you can find the original in her book, Robin Takes 5, available here.  You can see my book review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you try one of these recipes, let me know. I;d love to know your reaction/recommendations.

If your email is not listed in your blogger profile, I will try and respond here in the comment section. But, please have your email address enabled in your profile. It makes it a lot easier for people to respond to comments and questions!

If you are here simply to spam or leave a link to some obscure place where you sell things, don't bother. Your comment will be deleted.

While I appreciate awards, I no longer accept them, but thank you for thinking of me. Your comments are reward enough!