Lemon Butter Cake



Cake:
1 cube of butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 lemons, zested & juiced
1 teaspoon vanilla

Glaze:
1 lemon, zested & juiced
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350. In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Cream together butter and sugar for 3 minutes. Add eggs. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt. In another separate bowl, combine milk, lemon juice, zest and vanilla. Add half of the wet ingredients to the butter sugar mixture, mix for 5 seconds, then add half of the dry and mix for 5 seconds. Repeat with second half, ending with dry ingredients. Pour batter into loaf pan.  Original recipe called for lining it with parchment, but greasing and flouring was just fine for me. Bake for 35-40 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean. For glaze, mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over slightly warm cake. Top with lemon zest.

Holly's Notes:
Thanks to Pinterest, I found the original recipe here.  It is amazing.  Light and perfect on its own but divine with some vanilla ice cream.  I love that the cake is homemade and not from a mix.

Comments

  1. Holly, this looks yummy! I love lemon so this is perfect for me. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good... my husband (and the whole family!) would love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything lemon, and butter; well let's just say I'm a sucker for it. Me and Paula Deen. lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is watering just looking at the photo and reading the recipe! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness,
    This looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great week.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Citrus flavor in cakes is the best! I love your cake! Again, thanks for coming and linking up at The Weekend Social. All posts get pinned in our pinterest board! Please be sure to come back next week starting Thursdays at 9PM EST on culinaryflavors.gr ! I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing this great recipe at the Twirl & Take a Bow Party! Have an awesome week!
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mouth is watering! Putting this on my to eat list for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pure perfection, love a zesty lemon cake! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I was done with lemon for the year...but it seems you just proved me wrong! This looks amazing! Pinning for later!

    Found you on Wake Up Wednesday. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Because I'm not a great baker I love loaf cakes. This looks delicious. Love the glaze. Pinned. Thanks for coming to Weekend Bites ( formally Foodie Friday.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Holly, just hopping back to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. I pinned this! It looks amazing! YUM!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love cakes. I love Lemon Cakes but I am a horrible when it comes to baking. However, your recipe looks so tempting and easy that I wish to give it a try :)

    Hopping over from Wake-Up Wednesdays. I am a co-host at the party and would like to thank you for joining us!

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whenever I see lemon desserts I think of my great-grandmother. Lemon cakes, cookies, bars, etc were always her favorite. Thanks for the memories and for sharing the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so tasty! Come winter, I am swimming in lemons and will try this recipe (pinning to my lemon board!). Thank you for sharing at the Art of Home-Making Mondays! The new link up is up and running so please join in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a yummy dessert! Thanks for sharing a lemon one. I also wanted to tell you your counter tops are beautiful.
    I also want to invite you to my Retro-Repin Party beginning Tuesday at 8 p.m. EST. Here's a unique party where you pick 1-2 of your cool old blog posts and share them in pin form. Come visit http://somebodysdinner.blogspot.com/2014/09/retro-re-pin-party-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks absolutely amazing! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment