- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 t vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 cups sour cream
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream (batter will be thick).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups with about 1/4 cup of batter (I just used my large cookie scoop).
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 T vanilla
- 2-4 T half and half
- Beat butter and vanilla until creamy.
- Add salt.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating until combined.
- Add half and half 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach desired consistency.
These are also amazing with Homemade Chocolate Frosting.
I found the original recipe at Baked Perfection. I've been searching for a homemade vanilla cake recipe that isn't overly sweet and this one just about fits the bill. The frosting recipe called for 3 Tablespoons of vanilla, but 2 was plenty for me. I also used half and half instead of milk in the frosting. These were a hit with The Doctor, especially since he can't have chocolate.
This post has been shared on Motivate Me Monday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Mix It Up Monday, Busy Monday, Sweet Sharing Monday, Monday Funday, Mostly Homemade Mondays, See Ya in the Gumbo, Clever Chicks Blog Hop, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party, In and Out of the Kitchen, Merry Monday, Treasure Box Tuesday, Tweak It Tuesday, Tickle My Tastebuds, Tuesday's Table, Two Cup Tuesday, The Scoop, Share Your Stuff Tuesday, Totally Talented Tuesdays, Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays, Wonderful Wednesday, Wake Up Wednesday, Wicked Awesome Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Wednesday Roundup, Fabulously Frugal Thursday, Share Your Cup Thursday, The Yuck Stops Here, Thriving Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Thursday Favorite Things, Pin It Party, Pin It Thursday, Think Tank Thursday, Showcase Your Talent Thursday, Home and Garden Thursday, Family Fun Friday, Eat Create Party, Weekend Retreat Link Party, Foodie Friday, The Weekend Social Party, Foodie Friday, Freedom Fridays, Frugal Friday, Old-Fashioned Friday, Simple Meals Friday, Fabulous Finds, Foodie Friends Friday, Pin Junkie Party, Five Friday Finds, Country Fair Blog Party, Weekend Potluck, The Party Bunch, City of Links, Friday Favorites, Pretty Pintastic Party, Flaunt It Friday, Clever Chicks Blog Party,