- 8 chicken tenderloins or about 1-1/2 lbs of chicken breasts pounded and sliced into strips
- 2 t butter
- 2 t olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 can chicken broth, set aside 1/4 cup
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lightly dredge in flour.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat; when hot add about 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp olive oil.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Set aside in a warm oven.
- Add additional oil and butter to the skillet.
- Add the garlic and saute a few seconds; add the mushrooms and salt and pepper, stirring occasionally until golden and the mushrooms have started to soften, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the wine and chicken broth, bring to a boil and let simmer.
- Stir occasionally and get all the yummy bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Stir the cornstarch into the remaining chicken broth and add it to the gravy for thickening.
- Cook a few more minutes or until the liquid reduces by half or it is thick to your preference.
- Add the chicken back into the mushroom sauce and serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
I found the original recipe at My Love for Cooking. I tweaked it and we were really happy with the results. It was very light and filling. I served it with some garlic mashed potatoes, but it would be good with rice or pasta.
This post was shared at The Art of Homemaking Mondays, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Mix It Up Monday, Busy Monday, Monday Funday, Mostly Homemade Mondays, See Ya in the Gumbo, Clever Chicks Blog Hop, Merry Monday, Inspire Me Monday, Making Monday, Tweak It Tuesday, Two Cup Tuesday, Treasure Box Tuesday, Tuesday's Table, Tickle My Tastebuds, Creative Muster, Tasty Tuesdays, The Scoop, Share Your Stuff Tuesday, Totally Talented Tuesdays, Lou Lou Girls, In and Out of the Kitchen, Titus 2sdays, So Much at Home, You're Gonna Love It Tuesday, Simple Supper Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Whimsy Wednesday, Well Crafted Wednesdays, Creative Ways Link Party, Wonderfully Creative Wednesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Wicked Awesome Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Show and Tell Wednesday, Work It Wednesday, Wednesday Roundup, Wake Up Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Show and Share Wednesday, Wednesday Whatsits, Wow Me Wednesday, Create and Share, Inspire Me Wednesday, Grace at Home, Share Your Cup Thursday, Fabulously Frugal Thursday, Showcase Your Talent Thursday, Creativity Unleashed, The Yuck Stops Here, Create It Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Treasure Hunt Thursday, Inspire Me Please, All Things Thursday, Wildly Original Linky Party, Thrifty Thursday, Thursday Favorite Things, What to Do Weekend, Doggone Dirty Craftin' Party, The Pin It Party, Pin It Thursday, Handmade Hangout, Thriving Thursday, Think Tank Thursday, Home and Garden Thursday, Foodie Friday, Family Fun Friday, Fridays Unfolded, Feathered Nest Friday, Freedom Fridays, Frugal Friday, Old Fashioned Friday, Fabulous Finds, Flaunt It Friday, Eat Create Party, Pin Junkie Pin Party, Weekend Potluck, The Party Bunch, Friday Favorites, Pretty Pintastic Party, Pinworthy Projects, Lets Get Real, Weekend Bites, Weekend Social, No Rules Weekend Blog Party, Party in your PJs, City of Links, Super Saturday Link Party, Weekend Retreat, Best of the Weekend, Saturday Showilicious, Link Party Palooza, Twirl and Take a Bow Party, Weekend Bloggy Reading, Say G'day Linky Party,