- 1 loaf Texas Toast (about 18 slices)
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 T vanilla
- 1 1/2 t cinnamon
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg/milk mixture.
- Place each slice on a greased griddle.
- Cook about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with syrup or powdered sugar.
What is it about French Toast? I mean, it originated as a way to use day old bread and now it's practically gourmet. We don't reserve French Toast for just breakfast, we love it for dinner too. My personal preference is for thick Texas Toast with syrup and sausage!
I also cook the entire loaf of bread. If it doesn't get eaten, it's great to freeze and then just pop in the toaster later.
The vanilla and cinnamon add just an extra decadence to a simple dish.