~1 large pizza or 6 small
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 T yeast
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 2 T sugar
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- 1 t salt
- 2 1/3-3 cups flour
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- your choice of toppings
- Stir sugar into water, add yeast and proof for 10 minutes.
- Stir in salt, seasoning and oil.
- Add about 2 cups flour and mix, forming a small ball.
- Add flour as needed and knead until smooth and elastic--about 10 minutes. (I put it in my mixer with a dough hook.)
- Place dough in a greased bowl and let rise until doubled--about 45 minutes.
- Roll it out and top with sauce, cheeses and toppings.
- It will make 1 normal size pizza or about 6 smaller ones.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
My boys like making their own individual pizzas. You can also do calzones instead of pizzas. Bake for about 25-30 minutes.