- 1 Pie Crust
- ~ 2-3 T sugar (to taste)
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten
- Additional sugar for sprinkling
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- In a sauce pan combine, blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat, simmer until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide pie crust into 6 pieces.
- Roll each crust into a small circle.
- Place some blueberry mixture on one side, fold the pastry over to cover the fruit and make a half-circle.
- Crimp the edges, brush with egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
Turnovers are a quick, easy treat or dessert. With pie crusts in my freezer, it's easy to pull one out and make this delicious dessert.
You can use any fruit pie filling. I prefer using raspberries and I just substitute a couple of cups of frozen raspberries in place of the blueberry filling.
Like all my pies, my turnovers look rustic, not perfect. :)