- 1 (14 oz) can Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can Green Enchilada Sauce
- ~2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 T Cumin
- 1 T Chili Powder
- 1 T Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 T Garlic Powder
- 1 (14 oz) can whole kernal corn (undrained)
- 1 (14 oz) can black or kidney beans (drained)
- 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes (3-4 cups fresh diced tomatoes)
- 1 can water
- In your crock pot, stir together all ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Top with shredded cheese and whatever garnishes you like (sour cream, cilantro, etc.).
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I found the original recipe at Eazy Peazy Mealz and immediately it sounded delicious. I modified the recipe like I always do and this recipe reflects my changes. I cooked some chicken and shredded it, but I didn't include the cooking as part of the recipe. I'd also use leftover cooked chicken another time. I left out the coriander and I used more paprika and made it smoked paprika, not plain. I always drain my beans and used kidney, not black because The Doctor doesn't like black beans. I also used my homemade Red Enchilada Sauce but bought a can of green.
This was a hit with my family. Easy, tasty and perfect for a wintery evening!