- 1 box vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cups butter
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 eggs, separated (whites together/yolks together)
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter.
- Set aside 1 cup.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a double boiler, melt 3/4 cups butter and chocolate together.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Beat the egg yolks and add them to the chocolate mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat the egg whites and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cookie crumbs.
- Slice the ice cream and place slices over the chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle reserved cookie crumbs on top and freeze.
This is our traditional Christmas Eve dessert. My mom makes it every year and it is my favorite dessert. It's perfect for any time of year!
This post has been shared at Good Morning Mondays, Inspire Me Monday, See Ya in the Gumbo, The Art of Homemaking, Creative Mondays, The Scoop, Plucky's Second Thought, Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesday's Table, Tasty Tuesdays, The Gathering Spot, Inspire Us Tuesdays, Tickle My Tastebuds, Celebrate Southern, Tasty Tuesday, Wise Woman Linkup, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Wicked Awesome Wednesday, Inspire Me Wednesday, Hump Day Happenings, Coffee and Conversation,