- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup White Karo syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups raw peanuts
- 1 1/4 t baking soda
- 1 T butter
- 1 t vanilla
- Boil sugar, syrup and water until it spins a long thread.
- Add peanuts and cook until it turns a light brown color. Stir CONSTANTLY.
- Add baking soda, butter and vanilla. Stir til blended.
- Remove from heat and pour onto a greased baking pan.
- Let harden. Break. Eat. Enjoy.
This is part of my mother's Christmas Goodie plate each year. She always makes an extra batch just for my brother-in-law! So yummy. I find my raw peanuts at Winco, but any store that sells bulk items should have them or a health food store.