- 1 box large pasta shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flavored dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 t. oregano
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 3 cups (28 oz jar) Pasta Sauce
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta, drain.
- Cook sausage and beef together until no longer pink. Drain.
- Mix with eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, onion, and spices.
- Pour some sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Fill each shell with the meat mixture.
- Put the filled shells in the pan.
- Cover with the rest of the pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake at 375 for about 35-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
These freeze well. (Thaw them and then add the sauce and bake as directed.) This is truly one of our absolutely favorite meals. I prepare it for guests and it's always a hit. Freezing these shells has saved me so many nights when I don't have dinner planned. I can just pull them out of the freezer, dump them in a pan, add sauce and bake.
This post has been shared at Weekend Potluck, Beautifully Creative,Pinworthy Projects, Pin Me Linky, Simple & Sweet Friday, No Rules, What to Do Weekends, Wholehearted Home, Inspired Wednesday, Wednesday Showcase, Country Fair Blog Party, Farmgirl Friday, Front Porch Friday, Weekend Blog Hop,Inspire Me Monday, Mostly Homemade Monday,Art of Homemaking,Modest Monday, Monday's Musings,What'd You do This Weekend?,Creative Mondays,Tasty Tuesdays, You're Gonna Love It!. The Gathering Spot, Tasty Tuesdays,Wake Up Wednesday, Inspire Me Wednesday, Whimsy Wednesday, Creative Muster,Full Plate Thursday,Coffee and Conversation,Weekend Blog Hop,Weekend Potluck, Kitchen Fun, Lovely Little Link Party,