- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup grated, sweetened coconut
- 1 1/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 package Andes Peppermint Chips
- Cream the butter and sugars until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add baking soda, salt and flour. Mix completely.
- Stir in oats, coconut, nuts and baking chips.
- Drop by spoonful onto baking sheet. (2 T. size for large cookies, 1 T. size for small cookies.)
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes for large cookies and 12-15 minutes for small cookies.
- Do not overbake. They're crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
This is the recipe on the back of the Andes Peppermint Chip package. The Doctor loves these because most cookies that have mint in them, also have chocolate in them and since he can't eat chocolate, he's usually out of luck. I hate coconut and I love these cookies. The dough freezes well too. I can only find the Peppermint Chips around Christmas time, so I have to stock up then!
This post was shared at Flashback Friday, Happy Holidays Link Party, Tasty Tuesdays, The Gathering Spot, You're Gonna Love It,