Daily Tidbits

Hot! Hot! Hot!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Freezing Cookies



I don't like to freeze cookies. I do, however, love to freeze cookie dough. Just mix up your favorite cookie recipe like normal. Use a medium-sized scoop and place drops of dough on a cookie sheet or other kind of pan. Place that cookie sheet in the freezer for a couple of hours. Once the dough is frozen, remove from the pan and place in a storage container. I use an old Otis Spunkmeyer tub that came from an over-priced fundraiser at the school. However, it is perfect for storing your own cookie dough, after you've used the good, yet over-priced stuff.



When you want to bake cookies, simply preheat your oven to 325 and place the frozen dough on the cookie sheet. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until done.





You can have fresh-baked cookies any time, in any amount. Want a whole dozen? No problem. Want just 3 or 4? No problem.

4 comments:

Bree said...

Hi Holly, I haven't been to your cook site in a couple weeks. Did you change the background? I love it! This is a great idea for freezing cookies, especially when my teens and I really only want to eat the cookie dough and not really make the cookies. I know, not healthy but yummy.

Holly said...

Bree, yes I changed the background. I kind of like it too!

Well, if you're like us, we would eat the whole batch of cookies at once. This way, we can make as many or as few at a time as we'd like. I can bake homemade cookies and feel like a good mom without all the work! LOL!!!

Amy said...

I do this, too! One of my favorite tips. So nice to have fresh cookies on a whim.

~Dana said...

This is great information! Thanks!