Family Favorite Friday: Cocoa Brownies

This is one of the first recipes I shared on this blog.  It's still the brownie recipe I make most often.  I haven't found a basic brownie recipe yet that beats this one!

Printable Recipe


1 c. sugar
½ c. butter, softened
1 t. vanilla
2 eggs
2/3 c. flour (I use 1/3 white and 1/3 wheat)
½ c. cocoa
½ t. baking powder
1 c. chocolate chips (optional)

Mix it all together. Spread into a greased 8-inch pan. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350.

Holly’s Note* (amended):
This recipe is better than boxed brownies and easier. I haven't used a boxed brownie mix in years. Good for an unexpected dessert. Really good with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge. It's even better when you add in a cup of chocolate chips. Try it with Hershey's Special Dark chips. Yum!!

Comments

  1. I have yet to find a brownie recipe that is a "keeper", so I am definitely going to try yours! Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment