- 1 cup warm water
- 2 T vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 2 T sugar
- 2 T powdered milk
- 3 cups flour
- 2 t yeast
- In bread machine, place everything in the order recommended by manufacturer.
- Select dough setting (check after 5 minutes, add water or flour if necessary).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto floured surface.
- Pull it apart and form into 1” size balls.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- Place in a greased casserole dish or bundt pan.
- Dump any remaining butter or sugar mixture over the top.
- Let it rise for 15 minutes or so.
- Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes.
- Dump it onto a plate and enjoy.
This is the same recipe for Good White Bread. I know that most Monkey Bread recipes call for refrigerator biscuits and they're good too. We prefer using homemade bread. I don't often have refrigerator biscuits on hand anyway!
You can also do these the night before. Just pop the pan in the fridge overnight for a slow, second rise. In the morning, pull it out, let it sit at room temp for about 1/2 an hour and bake.
This post has been shared at Weekend Potluck, Beautifully Creative,Pin Me Linky,No Rules,What to Do Weekends,Pinworthy Projects, imple & Sweet Friday, Inspire Me Monday, Mostly Homemade Monday, Art of Homemaking, Modest Monday, Monday's Musings, What'd You do This Weekend?, Creative Mondays, Tasty Tuesdays,You're Gonna Love It!. The Gathering Spot, Tasty Tuesdays, Wholehearted Home, Wicked Awesome Wednesday,Wednesday Showcase,