- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 T basil
- 1 can (14 oz) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans tomato past
- 1 box lasagna noodles, cooked (~9)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 cups 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 T dried parsley
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Brown beef and sausage together. Drain.
- Add garlic and basil. Stir.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Mix together and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- In a bowl, blend together cottage cheese, eggs, parsley, and parmesan cheese.
- Layer everything in a 9 x 13 pan. (Noodles, sauce, cottage cheese mixture, mozzarella, etc.)
- Bake at 350° for about 30-40 minutes or until bubbly.
My sister got this recipe from Jr. High School Home Ec. Back in the day when we had Home Economic classes. I make the sauce alone, tripling the recipe, and then freeze it flat in bags and use it as Spaghetti Sauce. My family prefers it over any canned or jar sauce. When I prepare the lasagna, I prepare a 9x9 pan for our family and then freeze a 9x9 pan for later.
This post was shared at Tasty Tuesdays, You're Gonna Love It, The Gathering Spot, Tasty Tuesday, Full Plate Thursday, Share Your Cup Thursday, Coffee and Conversation, Imparting Grace, Bloom Designs,Creative Inspirations, Hearts for Home, Grammie Time,Pin Junkie, Weekend Potluck, Beautifully Creative, Front Porch Friday, Pin Me Linky,Simply & Sweet Friday, Farmgirl Friday, What to do Weekends, No Rules,