- ~15 Oreos
- 24 oz White Vanilla Chips
- 1/2 to 1 t. Mint Extract (to taste)
- 2-3 drops Green Food Coloring
- Crush the Oreos. I just put them in a ziploc bag and use my rolling pin. You want a blend of crumbs and cookie chunks.
- Melt the chips. I just put them in a pan on the stove and melt them on low, stirring constantly. Once melted, add the food coloring and extract along with the crushed cookies. Mix well.
- Spread onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Your call as to how thick or how thin you want the bark.
- Stick the pan in the fridge for about an hour or until hard. Break the bark into pieces and enjoy.
We have a favorite chocolate store that is in Boise. We don't get over there as often as my boys would like, but when we do, they love the Mint Oreo Cookie Bark. The Boy got the bright idea to make our own. I looked around the Internets and found several recipes that were all similar. Most recipes called for 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of extract, I used 1 full teaspoon.
These were a hit. The boys said they were perfect and just like the ones at their favorite chocolate store.
This post has been shared at Chicken Chick, Mostly Homemade Mondays, Art of Homemaking, Modest Monday, Monday Musings, Craftastic Monday, What'd You do This Weekend?, Creative Monday, Good Morning Monday,