Stuffed Cheese Shells

Printable Recipe

1 box jumbo shells
4 cups ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 eggs
1 T. parsley
3/4 t. oregano
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
3 cups (about a 28 oz jar) Pasta sauce (or a double batch of homemade Marinara sauce)

Cook pasta, drain. Mix together cheeses, eggs, and spices. Pour some sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Fill each shell with the cheese mixture. Put the filled shells in the pan. Cover with the rest of the pasta sauce. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan and bake at 375 for about 35-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

Holly's Note: These freeze well too. (Thaw them and then add the sauce and bake as directed.)




Comments

  1. We love stuffed shells. Sometimes, to jazz them up, I will cook some ground beef in Ragu, and then drizzle it on top of the shells. It looks actually rather elegant and they are delicious.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO agree about butter. Thanks for posting such great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margarine...what's that? Love the butta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe site very simple ingredients that will work for our family budget! Thanks for stopping by my blog! The Free Rice site is way addicting! You are going on mah blog roll! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how I missed that you have a cooking blog! So glad my eyes finally paid attention to what was right in front of them!
    :-) Also you reminded me that I have not been posting any recipes at my blof this week. Need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is something I make a few times per year and I add a little dash of nutmeg and finely minced italian parsley to the filling. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment