Honey-Wheat Oatmeal Bread

Printable Recipe


1 1/4 c. warm water
1/2 c. honey
2 T. oil (I used light olive oil, the original recipe called for canola)
1 1/2 t. salt
1 c. quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. wheat flour
1 t. yeast

Place everything in your bread machine in whatever order the machine requires. Or, if you're like me, you just put it all in any which way. Let the bread machine do its thing. Once the dough cycle is completed, take the dough out and place it in a greased bread pan. Let it rise for about 20 minutes and then bake it at 375 for about 30 minutes.

Holly's Note:
This bread is terrific. Very light. Very more-ish as my husband would say. It's wonderful toasted. The original recipe calls for it to be baked in the bread maker, but I don't like how bread bakes up in my bread maker. I think it would be a great "food storage" bread, as all the ingredients are easy to keep on hand or in your food storage.




Comments