Easy Brownies

Printable Recipe
~16-24 brownies


1 12-ounce bag chocolate chips (whatever you like)
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
4 large eggs at room temperature
1 1/2 cups flour

In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate chips. Stir constantly and remove from heat when chips are fully melted. In the same pot, blend in the sugar. Then add eggs, blending fully one at a time. Add vanilla, salt and flour and beat until air bubbles form in the batter. Pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake for 30 minutes at 350.

Holly's Note:
I found the original recipe at
My Kitchen Cafe. I suggest you check it out. There are lots of good, easy recipes there. I honestly prefer my regular brownies over these, but this recipe has a texture reminiscent of store-bought mixes without that tell-tale store-bought taste that always gives away that they're from a mix! These are very chewy and fudgy. I used milk chocolate chips because that's what I had on hand. I think they would be even better with semi-sweet, Special Dark chips, or a mixture. You could even go so far as to use mint chips.



Comments

  1. Just wanted to tell you I love your blog! I found your site via a food storage site and fell in love with the easy but basic supplies foods you've posted! I can't wait to try your brownies & homemade mixes (tco, onion soup!).. I need another cup of coffee & a few hrs to read though your entire site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is faboulous!!! your blog is
    great, ck out our new blog , sure
    you will like it!!!
    kate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment