Southern Caviar

Printable Recipe




1 can black-eyed peas, drained
1 can corn, drained
1 can tomatoes and chiles, drained
3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 cup diced red onion
4 green onions, diced
1/2 a jalapeno, seeded and diced
1 cup Zesty Italian Salad Dressing

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Serve as a dip with chips!

Holly's Note:
My uncle found this recipe in the local paper and fixed it one night when we were all together for dinner. It was delicious and so easy. I think that it would only get better as the flavors marinate.





Comments

  1. We call this "Texas Caviar" down here in TX and it is wonderful! And yes, the longer you let it sit (preferably overnight) the better the flavors marry. Plus it takes some of the heat out of the jalapenos, especially if you use more to up the spice. Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to try this many times. I like your recipe, sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Bookmarked for sure!

    Melissa
    www.foodista.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have even made it by only draining half the juice out of the beans and cans. That gives is a bit more flavor that mingles together. Toss in some celery for a crunch, too! I am making this again tonight! Glad I found this post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment