Hot Chocolate Mix

Ingredients
  • 2 cups dry non-fat milk
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups cocoa
  • 1 bar white chocolate, chopped
  • 1 bar dark 70% chocolate, chopped
Directions
  1. Stir all the dry ingredients together. 
  2. Chop the chocolate (I use a food processor) and add it to the dry ingredients.
  3. Stir or whisk it all together.
  4. Store in an airtight container. (Likely for about 3 months, but mine never lasts that long.
Hot Chocolate Directions
  1. Add about 3 T of cocoa mix to a mug.
  2. Stir in a cup of hot water and mix.
  3. Add a dollop of half and half or heavy cream.
  4. Enjoy.

Holly's Notes:
My son and his girlfriend gave me the most adorable Hot Chocolate Bar and mug for my birthday last year. I enjoy a cup of hot chocolate every evening, regardless of the weather.

I wanted a homemade hot chocolate mix that I could do at home and after looking at a few different ones, came up with this one. I like less sugar and milk than most call for. 

My  preference is Ghirardelli bars for the chopped chocolate. Although I have also used Lindor.

I also add a little extra chocolate piece to each cup: a Ghirardelli square (mint, caramel). Or an Andes mint wafer. I stock up on candy canes at Christmas and add a bit of that for mint flavor. You could add cinnamon red hots for different flavor.

If you like marshmallows, add those.

Comments