Broccoli Salad

Printable Recipe


Ingredients
  • 2 bunches broccoli, chopped and parboiled for 1 minute
  • 1 small red onion, chopped
  • 1 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 12 slices bacon, cooled and diced
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 T. white vinegar
Cooking Directions
  1. Mix together broccoli, onion, sunflower seeds, raisins and bacon.
  2. Mix together mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar
  3. Toss the sauce with the rest of the salad.
  4. Chill and serve.
Holly’s Note:
I hate this salad. It absolutely repulses me. But, The Doctor loves it and so does much of the rest of the extended family. Somehow it fell to me to be the one to always make it. This and the baked beans. They are the recipes that I am asked to bring to family gatherings. The beans I can handle. The salad I do because I love everyone else!


This has become a staple at all holiday meals. It really is popular.

This post was shared at Craftastic Monday, Inspire Me Monday, Busy Monday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Mix It Up Monday, See Ya in the Gumbo, Clever Chicks, Merry Monday, The Art of Homemaking Monday, Inspire Me Monday, Making Monday, Monday Handmade, Modest Monday, Mama Moments Monday, Monday Musings, Plucky's Second Thoughts, Made By You Monday, Motivation Monday, Inspiration Monday, What'd You Do This Weekend?, Creative Monday, Munching Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, Simple Supper Tuesday, Inspire Me Monday, You're Gonna Love It Tuesday, Titus 2 Tuesday, Tuesdays with a Twist, Tip Me Tuesday, Tutorials & Tips, Do Tell Tuesday, Handmade Tuesdays, The Gathering Spot, Too Cute Tuesday, Inspire Us Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Creative Party, Share It Link Party, Tuesday's Table, Totally Talented Tuesdays, Two Cup Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Treasure Box Tuesday, Tickle My Tastebuds, Lou Lou Girls, Time to Sparkle, Celebrate Southern, Bowl of Lemons, Twirl and Take a Bow, What's Cooking Wednesday, Wow Us Wednesday, Fluster's Creative Muster, Wake Up Wednesday, Hump Day Happenings, Centerpiece Wednesday, Worthwhile Wednesday, Your Whims Wednesday, Party in Your PJs,Create & Share DIY, Whimsy Wednesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Wholehearted Wednesday, The Weekend Social, The Homemaking Party, Let's Get Real, Thrifty Thursday, Krafty Inspiration, Full Plate Thursday, Pin It Thursday, Create Thursday, Weekend Re-Treat, Family Fun Friday, Pure Blog Love, What to do Weekends, Thursday Favorite Things, Thriving Thursday, Think Tank Thursday, Showcase Your Talent Thursday, Share Your Cup Thursday, Home and Garden Thursday, The Yuck Stops Here, Treasure Hunt Thursday, All Things Thursday, Grace at Home, Coffee and Conversation, Bloom Designs, Creative Inspirations, Hearts for Home, Weekend Bites, Foodie Friday, Frugal Friday, Old-Fashioned Friday, Flaunt It Friday, Eat. Create. Party., Pin Junkie Party, Five Friday Finds, Weekend Potluck, City of Links, Friday Favorites, Pretty Pintastic Party, Pinworthy Projects, Friday's Unfolded, Weekend Bloggy Reading, Anything Goes, Friday's Five, Pin Me Linky Party, Fabulous Friday, Simple & Sweet Fridays, Weekly Inspiration, No Rules Weekend Blog Party, Show & Tell Saturday, Skip the Housework, Show Me Saturday, 

Comments

  1. I love broccoli in salad like this more than cooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect - love everything in this recipe #tastytuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love broccoli and this salad looks delicious x #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fresh and delicious! Yum! #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I've never ever used broccoli in a salad! Will definitely try this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really delicious!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite salads.

    Thanks for sharing on Tasty Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So healthy and tasty! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got my first taste of brocoli salad when I worked at ruby tuesday's ages ago and have loved it ever since. The sunflower seeds sound like a really cool addition. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! My mom used to make this recipe! I am pinning this look to my personal Pinterest so I can make this during the holidays. Thanks for sharing and for joining Celebrate Southern link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently made this salad, same recipe...it was way too sweet for me. I will try it one more time with a tablespoon or two of sugar to see if it is any better. My hubby liked it...maybe men need more sweetness?
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so good! Tweeted and pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so great! Thanks for joining the Celebrate Southern Linkup! I am pinning this terrific post to our official pin board! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great way to get the kiddies to eat their veggies. Thanks for sharing at #theWeekendSocial. http://www.theKitchenChopper.com Please stop by Thursday 9:00 PM EST and link up again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello gorgeous! I’m licking my lips right now, it looks so good! Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see on Monday at 7 pm. We love to party with you! Happy Monday~Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love broccoli salad and this one looks amazing! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I make a broccoli salad very similar to this! To ramp it up just a notch, you can replace the sunflower seeds with cashews and use apple vinegar instead of plain vinegar... YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I make this salad and it is one of our favorites. A little sweet with lots of crunch! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. You made me lol just throwing it out there how much you dislike this salad! Didn't expect that. The things we do for our families!

    ReplyDelete
  20. haha, I like how you just said you didn't like this recipe. :) I'm wondering if it would be better with roasted broc. Thanks for stopping by and sharing this on Five Friday Finds! I'm looking forward to what you share this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love broccoli salad so much! This looks great! Going to try it out! Check out my new blog http://hungrymountaineer.com/2015/01/hey-beefcake-plus-a-recipe-for-porky-eggrolls.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment